Re: tc2000

Neal, Buck, Leo,

I download about 2000 stocks daily from TC2000
and then export them to MS using the datacon
utility. They support a batch feature that allows you
to update multiple MS directories at once. I keep
it in the TC2000 directory and run it every evening
after the download. Works like magic. I set up my
directories with an earlier version of MS (256 max),
so I just duplicated the directory structure from TC2000.
When I group stocks into specific directories, I have to remember
to edit the update batch file to also update into those
directories.

The update feature is a bit different than the original export,
as it only updates those stocks that happen to be in that
MS directory and only updates when the TC2000 data is more
current than the MS data. You have to do a clean 1:1 export
when there is a stock split that you handle in TC2000,
because the update doesn't fix the back data in the push to
MS.

D:/TC2000/upd.bat
------------
DATACON -u \Equis\Data\Mutuals
DATACON -u \Equis\Data\NovHighs
DATACON -u \Equis\Data\NovLows
DATACON -u \Equis\Data\indices
DATACON -u \Equis\Data\TCStocks\A
DATACON -u \Equis\Data\TCStocks\B
DATACON -u \Equis\Data\TCStocks\C
DATACON -u \Equis\Data\TCStocks\D
DATACON -u \Equis\Data\TCStocks\E
DATACON -u \Equis\Data\TCStocks\F
... you get the idea...

James

Also, there is a file called datacon.ini which holds the
information about where your Metastock data is stored.
If you have multiple directories, you should have
multiple versions of that file and then use a batch file
to run Datacon several times each day.

-Neal.
Join us on-line for technical analysis discussions
http://www.halcyon.com/scripts/tcorner/cgi-pvt/newtc-client