Re: Year 2000

HI EVERYONE

2 days ago I downloaded from the Equis website a few system tests with
the intention of ADDING these to my collection. Horror of horrors, I
discovered these new (and mostly useless ) system tests had replaced
the ones which were their originally.

Why don't the  guys at Equis warn us  that downloading and installing
these new system tests will OVERWRITE the existing ones. I've lost two
days of work I had planned trying to install the original system tests
which came with MS 5.1 and which I lost downloading new system tests
from your site.

Equis suggested that I reinstall my 5.1, I am afraid I cannot do this.
What I did try was to copy the systems in my home PC to the one at
office (Fortunately I don't have Internet at home, so I can't download
files and overwrite existing ones). When I mean "copy" I actually
enterd manually the system test rules in the system editor for the 6
main systems in the original MS 5.1, after having "copied" the tests
from my home PC by hand, in a piece of paper!

To my astonishment and great disappointment, after I had manually
entered the sytems in and hit "TEST" they don't seem to work. I am
copying the systems which I used, in this email. Can someone  please
tell me where I have gone wrong.

CLASSIC MA PENETRATION WITH OPT.
ENTER LONG
When(C,>,Mov(C,opt1,E)) AND When(Ref(C,-1),<=,Ref(Mov(C,opt1,E),-1))
CLOSE LONG
When(C,<,Mov(C,opt1,E))

DIRECTIONAL MOVEMENT <W/OPT>
ENTER LONG
When(PDI(opt1),>,MDI(opt1))
CLOSE LONG
When(PDI(opt1),<,MDI(opt1))

MACD <W/ OPT>
ENTER LONG
When(MACD(),>,Mov(MACD(),opt1,EXPONENTIAL))
CLOSE LONG
When(MACD(),<,Mov(MACD(),opt1,EXPONENTIAL))

Please let me know why these haven't worked. Is it possible to send me
these original (6)system tests by email.

The other 3 system tests in addition to the above , that I want (and
which were in my system till 2 days ago) are :
Moving average crossover w/opt
Negative Volume Index w/opt
Stoch 20/80 w/opt

Thanks