Year 2000

Steven Buss wrote:
 (for brevity some sections deleted)

> What would it take for me to become bullish.  Just another 175 points up...

  Careful here Steven your later posts indicate you may be growing
horns.
  Take note of Dr Clive, no man is an island and nowaday's neither is a
market.
  Look carefully at other markets which will affect you possibly
Japan/Germany ?

> One other note.  Latest (11/17/97) IBD front page had a note that there was
> a $1.1B outflow of funds from mutual funds for the week ended 11/12/97.
> This was after a inflow of 2.84B in funds the prior week.

  Are the crowds having a second think?.

> I've posted a Dow chart showing that a trend line from late 1994 through the
> present was broken on "gray Monday" and that the Dow is now lower than that
> trend line.
> ftp://emmetropia.com/pub/webm32aa/DJIA1994-1997.gif
> (This is the first time I've used the public FTP storage on my new hosting
> service.  Someone let me know if it works.)

  Worked fine no download complications also no residue ( dead 0 &
1's)to clean up when   finished.
  Thanks for the effort in creating a new approach.

> In the present market context, I don't think there's a substitute for
> reading through the first few chapters of any TA introductory text (Pring,
> Murphy, Schwager (my favorite), E&M) to the chapter on topping patterns and
> then getting out the old smoking jacket. <G>

  Keep with this, my interpretation is at best a sideways oscillation in
the 74-7700     region of the DJI for a while.

  Regards
  Bruce Waller
  Lorne
  Australia.