Re: Sending charts

This is an international list with members who obviously trade with many
different trading styles and markets, levels of experience, and needs, not
to mention e-mail clients. Some self-restraint is necessary.

Those fortunate enough to live in places where local unlimited telephone
service is a fixed monthly price or have e-mail systems that allows for
limiting downloads should respect the wishes of those who are not as
fortunate.

Here in Japan we pay about 10 cents for every 3 minutes of normal usage and
wasting time and money downloading several 300k charts about ideas that
don't meet my interests seems lately to have become a necessary "nuisance"
to subscribe to this list. Multiply this by several lists and the costs can
add up. Heck, my local phone bill already averages $250 a month!

IMO, I think Jim Greening's method of chart list distribution method is
best. It puts people with similar interests together where they can discuss
among themselves his chart's or whatever. Setting up a mailing list within
most e-mail clients is easy and if you have something interesting to say and
have illustrated it with a chart, then people will ask you for it.

People who need to see charts of EVERY hair-brained market prediction or
trading idea either don't have enough trading experience or haven't
developed a workable trading system. Ditto for those who send them
unrequested.

Once you develop one, your need for alot of this bandwidth wasting "noise"
will diminish. Just imagine what it would have been like if Murray Math had
decided to flood your mailbox with his daily market "music" charts instead
of just his written rants!

And now we return the regularly scheduled programming...........

cheers,
Rick Mortellra
Tokyo, Japan