Re: MS 6.5 Data CD

At 11:29 AM 11/12/97 -0500, John Manasco wrote:

>A question for everyone - do we need to split this list into two parts,
>one for charts and one for general discussion? I for one would subscribe
>to both lists?

As a lurker I may have no say in this debate, but let me say something
anyway <g>.

I too like to look at charts, but continue to feel that e-mail is not the
best means for their distribution.  So many people have web sites these
days, and just e-mail the address of the chart they SUGGEST for viewing.
This approach is so painless for those that wish to view it (double click
on blue URL in the e-mail message) and non intrusive to those that do not
desire to (no consumption of network bandwidth or disk space).  I continue
to believe this is the way of the future.

I would rather see this remain a single group which managed the flow of
data vs breaking into two, or remaining a single one that constricted the
flow of knowledge.

By the way, I'm sure that people have notices that the net seems to fun
slower as each day goes by, has it occurred to anyone that much of the
message traffic clogging the byways may be unsolicited and seldom viewed
files? Also keep in mind that when you send a 10k binary file (for which
images are) the e-mail system reformats it (uuencode or binhex) into a much
larger file so that the text based e-mail system can transport it.

Apologies if this has been intrusive or seems trite, just one mans
observations.

And no, I'm not one of the Net Police, and yes I'd remain subscribed
regardless of where this thing goes... its good stuff that I want to view
at any cost (but no sense incurring more cost then necessary).

|        @ JWFC - Return to Atlanta 11/14     |
Jeffrey L. Grover         voice:  (404)894-8961
Ga Tech/GTRI/ITTL         fax:    (404)894-9081
347 Ferst Dr. N.W.             noman@xxxxxxxxxx
Atlanta, Ga 30332   jeff.grover@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx