Data of DOW and other's for use in metastock? Meetings...

Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 17:54:35 -0600
From: Robert Doeden <bdoeden@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Greatelto@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Wednesday's market action

Re: my gold comment.  I trade futures because it is a fast way to make a lot of
money.  I've personally gone from very little to a lot by buying that which no
one wants.  Tell me of something that most want less than gold.  I can't think
of an investment that is further out of favor.  So I buy a couple of contracts
and watch the action.  If I'm wrong and have to sell I lose maybe $3,000 max.
These days my accounts go up or down 25-50,000 every day.  So $3,000 doesn't
amount to much.  But if my feel starts to look Ok I add some more contracts.  On
a move back into the 330's  I will make $15,000 on a small 10 lot position.
That is worth the risk.  Sometimes I'm right, sometimes wrong.  But I don't see
many sure things and you have to take a chance.  I find that there is a lot less
risk buying that which no one wants than that which everyone wants because of
the obvious.  The sentiment of those which want something badly can change on a
dime and then you are looking at air pockets.  I don't believe in that momentum
bs where you buy something because its doubled and there will be another fool
around the corner.  I do believe in looking for that which no one wants and then
waiting until it shows signs of life.  My weakness is that I'm usually early and
that is why I start with a small position and add later.

By now I've put you to sleep so I'll quit.

Bob Doeden