Re: Online Stock Orders

Mike

I tried to buy OEX calls Tuesday when the DOW had gone from -180 to
-100. It took several minutes to get in. Then the server kept timing out
at the point where I get to review my order. By the time I got to
finally preview my order the DOW was up 70 so I chickened out. I also
have an account with Discover Direct and had similar problems with them.
At Fidelity I was able to get in immediately and place an order. Since
they lowered their commissions to $14.95 I may switch back to them. In
any event E-Trade sometimes requires long waits on regular days. They
just don't have the computer horsepower to handle any volume.

Thats my two cents worth. Good trading.

John Manasco