Re: Online Stock Orders

I use DLJDirect and tried to trade 3 times today:

First buy order (INTC) was accepted immediately but took 40 minutes to
execute at about 10:20AM EST.  Took a 3 point hit on that delay.

Second buy order (GMH) was accepted and executed within 2 minutes at
about 11:45AM

Last buy order (INTC again) was accepted immediately at 3:06PM but it
was never executed!  Since it was a day order, I have no idea if it
will be filled or not.

All three orders were market day orders submitted via the internet.

All through the day, the real-time quote server was flakey.  I was
never locked out for more than a couple of seconds though.

FWIW: CNBC has been talking about how the discount brokers all had
problems today.

Chip

---David_Radtke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I couldn't even log into E-trade today between the hours of 6:30am &
> 11:00am PST, and I'm using a T-1 line, which is a very fast network
> connection as opposed to a modem line. By the time I could get
connected,
> the market had advanced so much I wasn't able to take advantage of the
> earlier discounts.
>
> I have had problems like this in the past with E-trade, and was
thinking
> about switching to Datek, or more reliable service. I think my mind
is made
> up. E-Trade SUCKS! By the way, E-trades phone system was just as busy.
>
> How did the other on-line brokers fair today? Did anyone else
experience
> similar problems?
>
> David Radtke
>

>  (Embedded
>  image moved   metastock-list @ metastock.com
>  to file:      10/28/97 11:37 AM
>  PIC19160.PCX)
>

> To:   metastock-list @ equis.com
> cc:    (bcc: David Radtke)
> Subject:  Online Stock Orders
>

> Has anyone used Etrade today (Tuesday) to buy/sell stock?  I was
curious
> to hear what the leadtime was on getting an order fillled.
> How about other online ordering companies?  If Datek only took 1
minute,
> that's pretty damn good.  Anyone using someone other than these two?
 What

Sent by Yahoo! Mail - http://mail.yahoo.com