Re: Put-Call Ratio

Thanks for the feedback, just a couple more questions (if you don't mind)
for clarification.

>> 5 Week Advance/Decline Index <<

I am using NYSE composite Advances-Declines and the cum() function, I
assume your saying I should just use A-D with a 5 week MA ?<<

     Use whichever one you are comfortable with....the one with which you
develop the "better feel"

>> CBOE Put/Call Ratio (25 day) <<

I am assuming a 25 MA ?<<

     That is correct.

>>  Investment Services Bearish <<
>>  Bulls - Stock Index Futures <<

Are these the sentiment indices listed in IDB and WSJ ?<<

     Yes.  I think you can also find them in Barron's.

>> Large Block Uptick Ratio <<

I am using Interquote and searched through the help file for this and
couldn't find it.  I also use DialData for end of day.  Where do you get
this ratio ?<<

     I would think Barron's would have it.  Also I would think the NYSE makes
it available, maybe through their website.  I get it every week from my
broker.

     Just a personal comment.  Good luck with Dial Data.  I used them but
found their  data contained too many errors.  I switched to Reuters and have
been quite pleased.

     A good way to use these indicators is to assign each a plus or minus
value (say +1 or -1).  Get a total on a weekly basis.  I have found that a
+/-4 or 5 indicates an extreme and a pending trend change.  Again, this is
not for short term trading....

Jerry