First posting / Welcome!

At 10:02 PM 10/20/97 -0500, Jim Chappell wrote:
>Greetings all. The header said I'm supposed to describe my trading with a
>first posting. Well, I trade any and all equities. I rely heavily on neural
>networks and gentic algorithms as well as some chart formation recognition
>software. I also use some homebrew software for chaos/fractal geometry
>calculations as well as use homebrew software for wavelets to remove noise
>from time series. I'd like to say I'm good with analysis and stock selection
>but it might all be luck. I took a very large position in NCTI when it was
>around 0.62 and am now a gleeful camper. I'm going to use technical analysis
>to decide when to get out. I also will buy issues strictly on fundamentals.
>
>  In any event, is it possible to export some data from MS 6.5 to, say,
>Excel, do some calcs and then re-import the calcs BACK to MS to use in
>either the explorer or trading system generator? I suspect no but MS never
>ceases to surprise me.
>
>Good hunting
>

>Jim
>When all else fails try logic

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Jim -

   Welcome to EQUIS's Cyberspace Group!

   I've often wondered of Chaos and Fractal Analysis used in Technical
Analysis, but have never looked into it.  How do you do it and how does it
work for you?

-- Frank :-)

High Return on Investment using Technical Analysis
http://www.usinternet.com/users/fbg/
Minnesota Long Distance Canoe Racing
http://www.usinternet.com/users/fbg/mnlong/