Re: MS: Addressing a N/A value in a formula: How?

rudolf stricker wrote:

> Mike,

> >>formula.

> > if you selected the option to show holidays & weekends on your chart
> >(for cycle analysis purpose) you would probably get these gaps showing up
> >as n/a (not available).
> >check this first- just another idea.
>
> I did this, see my problem description from above:
> >>In my data set of securities, some days are not available, because
> >>these days were holidays. So MS (show holidays selected in the option
> >>section) shows a "N/A" in the data window for these days.
>
> But what do you think could be a solution for filling  these gaps
> (please, see above)??
>
> mfg rudolf stricker
> |
> | Disclaimer: The views of this user are strictly his own.1.Get your data-provider to set holidays-data to the value "0".
2.Then go to the DL to "Open" the security.
3a.Choose "Find" from the "Edit" menu and look for "0.0". It will
  bring you to the "0" value's,or
3b.From "Tools" menu run "test" security for errors like #1091 "Large
change in close".
  From the "report" write down or print out for wich dates there are
 errors.
4.Go to these dates, manually or using "Find" from "Edit" menu.
5.Then "Select" the "high-low-close/volume/oi" dates from the previous
  day and "Copy" them to the holiday-date, using the "Copy" and
  "Paste" buttons on the "Toolbar".
6."Close" the security and choose "Yes" to save the data.
For testing a securities chronical data, e.q. the holiday-date's that
are missing, MS-Support should have the answer, I did not find it in the
manual(MS60/DL60).
To MS-Support:
Is it possible to receive, automaticaly through the Equis-List,e.q. as
an e-mail, a quartily update of the FAQ's RELATED to the MSPrograms,
questions including the ones asked on this List?
That's what I would call After Sales Support too. Questions asked on
this List and the FAQ file at your Web-site have helped quite a bit in
handling the Program(incl. the manuals), but there are thousand of
questions not 50 or do I have to say that your Program is too
complicated developed?
-Why doesn't the Program clean up the Temp-files made after accessing
 a chart?
-When copying a Trendline in a semi-log chart why is the "copy"
 different in angle? Or when you move it, it changes angle?
-In the Explorer when you try to print "a" filter('s formula), not all
 the formula's, why doesn't it print?
-In the Printer' properties dialog, when "printing to file" is
 enabled, why doesn't the data or a report get printed in the alphabet
 what an ascii file is supposed to be? Where are the build-in
 converters/plug-ins?
-Why do lines look thicker on screen than on print? Even when you
 set the Printer to thicken lines by e.g. 150 or 200%?
etc. etc.
I can go on with the que'ns but have to go now. Don't think I'm not
satisfied with the Program, the built-in Indicators DO THEIR JOB,
and beiing able to use trendlines is perfect, but there's a lot
left blanc if we do'nt receive ALL the FAQ's, you probably have
thousands of users who can't, or are unable to ask your support.
Put the files's(new too) in an "Update(1-4).Zip" with the e-mail as
an attachement.(Everyone who is registered can send to you their
mail-adress with registration or later, can't they?
P.S. to Ike Murphy:
Problems asked in july have solved(Except for the missing
Helpfiles).Thanks again.
A.J. Maas (20-10-97)