Re: MS: Addressing a N/A value in a formula: How?

On Sat, 18 Oct 1997 15:08:49, you wrote:

>If you can't figure something out you could always call Microsoft technical
>support. Assuming that #N/A is in Excel. There are functions in Excel VB that
>will let you detect #N/A. Since it is actually not text. May have to do some
>searching in the VB help index but it does excist. VB-visual basic.

Sorry Harley, but my question has nothing to do with Microsoft or
Excel. It is a  genuine MetaStock (MS) problem (see the "Holiday
selected" option, the "Data window", and the "N/A" (NOT "#N/A" !)
below). That's why I asked here in this list an would like to get some
hints from MetaStock experts:

>>In my data set of securities, some days are not available, because
>>these days were holidays. So MS (show holidays selected in the option
>>section) shows a "N/A" in the data window for these days.
>>
>>Because of several reasons, I want to fill these gaps by a formula
>>e.g.
>>	 If(V=3D0 OR V=3D"N/A",PREV,V)
>>but, unfortunately, MS seemingly doesn't like this "N/A" in a formula.
>>
>>My question:
>>How can I address these N/A values in a formula?
>>Or is there a work-around to set "missing values" e.g. to the
>>preceding values?
>>
>>Any hint is welcome.

mfg rudolf stricker