RE: MS: Addressing a N/A value in a formula: How?

If you can't figure something out you could always call Microsoft technical
support. Assuming that #N/A is in Excel. There are functions in Excel VB that
will let you detect #N/A. Since it is actually not text. May have to do some
searching in the VB help index but it does excist. VB-visual basic.

On Sat, 18 Oct 1997 16:52:00 +0200,
rst@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote...

>In my data set of securities, some days are not available, because
>these days were holidays. So MS (show holidays selected in the option
>section) shows a "N/A" in the data window for these days.=20
>
>Because of several reasons, I want to fill these gaps by a formula
>e.g.=20
>	 If(V=3D0 OR V=3D"N/A",PREV,V)
>but, unfortunately, MS seemingly doesn't like this "N/A" in a formula.
>
>My question:=20
>How can I address these N/A values in a formula?
>Or is there a work-around to set "missing values" e.g. to the
>preceding values?
>
>Any hint is welcome.
>
>mfg rudolf stricker
>|
>| Disclaimer: The views of this user are strictly his own.

Harley Meyer
meyer093@xxxxxxxxxx