Re: Put-Call Ratio

>From "Stock Market Logic" 1993 by Norman G. Fosback:

"Option traders lose money on balance. Their judgements of the
direction of individual common stock prices, and of the market as a
whole, are usually wrong.  Therefore, a high Put/Call Ratio (a large
volume of puts relative to calls) usually precedes a period of rising
prices, not falling prices as the option speculators would prefer.
Conversely, a low Put/Call Ratio (indicating relatively little put
buying activity and greater call buying activity) is invariably
followed by declining prices instead of rising prices as the
preponderance of option buyers desire." - p.89

Fosback's book is full of interesting indicators and indicator
theories.  My 1993 copy is getting a little long in the tooth though
and I don't know if he has updated it since then.  Even so, there is
lots of interesting information to think about in the book.  If anyone
is interested, here is the ISBN: 0-79310-148-4

Chip

Sent by Yahoo! Mail - http://mail.yahoo.com