Re: MS 6.5 Jarvis Factor & template

Harley Meyer wrote:

> There are 4 custom formulas and a template. The binary wave isn't
> password protected, since it has the trading rule. You can set up a
> system test using the BW or use the rules of the BW.
>
> If the Arctan of JF(t-1)-Ct doesn't work let me know. Not a big deal but
> I had a problem when I exported it for some reason. If it does work,
> then add it to the template I sent and add a zero horizontal line. Then
> re-save.

Thanks for the post. I am always interested in experimenting with new
indicators. I am not familiar with the Jarvis Factor. Where can I get
more information on it?

I was able to drop the Arctan of JF on the template. So, I assume it
exported correctly (it oscillates between +/- 100.)

The new import/export feature in MS 6.5 is a great way to conveniently
distribute custom formulas. But, I would like to raise the issue of
naming conventions. When I imported your formulas, they were distributed
alphabetically among the rest of my custom formulas. Whenever I
construct formulas based on a book or TASC article, I usually prefix the
originator's name or initials to the formula name. For example, I might
have used the following names for your formulas:

	Jarvis-Factor
	Jarvis-Pre JF
	Jarvis-Arctan
	Jarvis-Binary Wave

As my list of custom indicators grows, it helps me keep related formulas
organized. This is just a suggestion. Perhaps this is only an issue for
me and others aren't concerned with it.

David.