Re: MS' Maximum Profit System - Can it be edited?

  • To: metastock-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: MS' Maximum Profit System - Can it be edited?
  • From: "rudolf stricker" <rst@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 04:06:30 -0700 (PDT)

David,

On Fri, 17 Oct 1997 19:40:35 -0400, you wrote:

>You are correct in that the formula I mentioned duplicates the MPS test
>only if the commission option is set to zero. The MPS test takes
>commission into account and will not take a trade if the net after
>commision would result in a losing trade.

Imo, there is an additional "frequency effect", especially when
commission option is set to zero:
If prices move up e.g. for 10 days, it might make sense to sell after
5 days and to re-invest the basic amount of money _plus_ the profit
gained so far. (It is the same like an additional investment after 5
days.) If commission is taken into account, things are a little more
complicated, but there is also room for this "frequency effect".
I wonder, if MS' MPS optimizes this effect. It _could_ do something
like this because of its 20/20 hindsight.

BTW: What does this 20/20 mean? I would understand "20 hindsight", but
what is "20/20 hindsight"?

mfg rudolf stricker