Re: MS' Maximum Profit System - Can it be edited?

  • To: metastock-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: MS' Maximum Profit System - Can it be edited?
  • From: David Neal Parsons <parsons@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 17:00:35 -0700 (PDT)

rudolf stricker wrote:

> Thank you much for your helpful input! I'll try this, even if I'm not
> convinced, that it is the real Maximum Profit System e.g. during a
> long continuous period of increasing prices, because the profit imo
> depends heavily also on the "trading frequency".

The system tester does not enter a new buy/sell signal if a buy/sell is
already in affect. So if prices move up 5 days in a row, only 1 buy
signal will result.

You are correct in that the formula I mentioned duplicates the MPS test
only if the commission option is set to zero. The MPS test takes
commission into account and will not take a trade if the net after
commision would result in a losing trade.

David.