Re: MS' Maximum Profit System - Can it be edited?

  • To: metastock-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: MS' Maximum Profit System - Can it be edited?
  • From: "rudolf stricker" <rst@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 10:25:08 -0700 (PDT)

David,

On Tue, 14 Oct 1997 15:11:25 -0700, you wrote:

>I don't think the Maximum Profit system can be edited. I'm pretty sure all
>it does is buy at the low and sell at the high on a daily basis [based on
>hind sight] , which of course doesn't make any sense when it comes to
>trading.
>
>If you want to create a similar system to test an indicator try using the
>'prior' function. Just a thought.

To be compatible to MS' MPS, imo it is not sufficient to buy low and
sell high. Especially in "monotone" situations (e.g. prices raise
continuously), buy&hold is not the best strategy, and I would like to
know if someone has figured out, how MS' MPS deals with this problem /
chance.

mfg rudolf stricker