Re: Indicator / trading system based on _several_ securities: How?

  • To: metastock-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Indicator / trading system based on _several_ securities: How?
  • From: "rudolf stricker" <rst@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 13:35:20 -0700 (PDT)

Harley,

On Tue, 7 Oct 1997 12:49:58, you wrote:

>It might help if you explain in a little more detail again.
>Like in what way, and as a chart as an exploration, as a system test?
>
>>Is it possible to set-up an indicator or a trading system in MS, based
>>on _several_ securities?=20
>>If so: How can I address _differnt_ securities e.g. in _one_ formula
>>(in an indicator or a system)?

First let me give an example  for an indicator  (s. subject):

The V6.0 manual p. 211 shows a Binary Wave indicator named "Total
Wave" like

fml("MACD Wave") + fml("Mov Wave") + fml("ROC Wave") + fml("Stoch
Wave)
with
MACD Wave	if(macd() > mov(macd(),9,E),+1,-1)
Mov Wave	if(C>mov(C,20,E) etc.
ROC Wave	if(roc(C,12,%)>0, etc.
Stoch Wave	if(stoch(5,3)>50, etc
(I think, it's not really necessary to type in  all these formulas, is
it?)

My questions:

Can the 4 indicators of Total Wave in an indicator be based on
_different_ securities, e.g. MACD Wave based on sec no.1, Moc Wave
based on sec no2. etc, when all four are summed up in _one_ indicator
(Total Wave)?
If so: How can I address _different_ securities in one formula in the
indicator editor?

Secondly, now the same question for a _system test_ (s. subject):

Can the 4 indicators of Total Wave in a system test be based on
_different_ securities, e.g. MACD Wave based on sec no.1, Moc Wave
based on sec no2. etc, when all four are summed up in _one_ indicator
(Total Wave)?
If so: How can I address _different_ securities in one formula in the
system test editor?

Maybe, you can give some helpful hints ...

mfg rudolf stricker