Re: Explorer Results as Input to Subsequent Explorations

TIA,

What you want to do makes perfect sense, and I think is a major oversight
in Meta Stock to have left this feature out. Unfortunately the downfall of
most software applications that involve Trading is that they are developed
by people with expertise in Software Development not Trading!

The only way I have been able to accomplish what you are describing is to
create an ASCII text file of securities from the Exploration, and then use
the Downloader to import them into a separate directory. You can then use
the new directory for the next exploration. This process is time consuming,
but here's how it's done:

Once you have your first exploration displayed, press Cntrl -C to copy the
contents to the clip board.  [make sure you explorer window is the active
window]

Then, open Excel and paste the contents. Delete all of the columns except
for the security symbols.

Create a row of dummy Date, O,H,L,C,V,OI data for the security symbols.
Using 0's for the price data works fine. [Double check the manual for the
proper format of the ASCII input file.] Save the file and use the
Downloaders import feature.

Last,  you have to download the data for the new symbols.

Hope this helps,

David Radtke