Composite Binary Wave Anaylsis - Help Needed

Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 11:03:30 -0400
To: Equis Support <list.support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: George Gordon <lrdbyron@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Composite Binary Wave Anaylsis - Help Needed
Bcc: ƒ\MetaStock

Dear Sirs:
	I am attempting to build an intermarket momentum indicator that would work
for the following example scenario. In simplest terms, I trade Treasury
bond futures and want to develop a composite Binary Wave indicator that
examines the impact of gold pricing, CRB, and CPI and other intermarket
indicators on the bond futures. I will apply a statistically determined
weight to these and other factors and combine their positive or negative
effects into a composite Binary Wave.
	Is it possible to do this within MetaStock 6.5? If so, how?
	Apparently the "Indicator" or "P" price array identifier is the only
identifier that is a candidate. However, although the manual claims that
the "P" array will reference the plot on which such an indicator is
dropped, no examples are given in which this is used for an intermarket
effect. Thus, I want to know if this is a correct approach or a road to
folly prior to sinking hours into it.
	If the "P" array approach is correct, then I would first open a chart for
a gold index and create a Binary Wave that would return values based on the
strength of the 12 month ROC (rate of change) in a nested "if ..then...else
statement. For example:

	GOLDWave:=if (roc(p,12,%) > 100, {then} -10,
				{else} if (roc(p,12,%) > 90, {then} -9,
					{else}

I would drop this indicator on a gold index plot and then build like Binary
Wave indicators for other plots such as CRB, CPI, employment, etc.,

	So after defining these Binary Waves and dropping them on their respective
plots on can I combine them into a composite for use on the T-bond futures
plot? Can this be done?

George Gordon
lrdbyron@xxxxxxxxxx