Re: Super Charts

There is a clear spreadsheet presentation of a CMO-based Vidya in TASC
v.13 p.424.  Comparing the MS formula (p.461 in v.6.5)to that, it is
clear that in the smoothing constant there is a misplaced decimal: 0.78
and 0.078 should both read 0.078.  This figure seems to come from a TASC
v.10 article with a 25-period (weekly) Vidya.  The TASC v.13 article
uses a smoothing constant determined by the lookback period of Vidya.
This is different from the book.

Smoothing constant: Smo = 2/(period + 1)

Volatility Index:  VI = Abs(CMO)

Vidya = (Smo * VI * Close) + ((1 - (Smo * VI)) * Yesterdays Vidya)

The first day only needs to be seeded with the previous days Close.

Perhaps a more experienced programmer would offer the definitive version
that we can all copy into our Indicator Builder.  Are you listening
Equis?

Harvey Pearce, Victoria, B.C., Canada.