Re: Trndline breakout automatic detection

a useful trend indicator.
after several month of testing i am now using (with the help of some of
the group members) the following formulas to generate BUY  & SELL arrows
on my charts, that indicate the lows & highs in a move with pretty goood
accuracy ( keeping me on the right side of the trend).
BUY:
Alert(TroughBars(1,L,7)=0,0)

SELL:
Alert(PeakBars(1,H,7)=0,0)

I set up these formulas in the "expert" commentary / "symbols" tab

and within 7 trading days i get the arrows showing the current trend

note: for shorter term trends use (opt1 for the 7) and you can customize
the formula.

mike