MS files in Excel 7

At 03:24 23/09/97 -0700, Jim Michael wrote:

>Marco sent an example file which I analyzed. The ticker is of the form
>"AA    a" and the date has a format yy/mm/dd, IIRC, hence some
>preprocessing is required which I suspect the following programs do not
>supply.

Correct. As stated in my response, they do only work with a
TICKER,O,H,L,C,V CSV file.
I do use JM Tech Visual DialogScript Windows 95 scripts for
preprocessing of this kind where needed.

>Also, in the interest of intelligent data management I suggested
>using MS Access to import and preprocess the data as well as maintain the
>integrity of the historical database (splits, etc.). This is easily
>accomplished with 3 tables, a couple of macros and a few queries.

Great, however the original poster was not accurate enough about
the "historical database". My response is obviously assuming a
Metastock historical database.

If this is the case, how would you integrate the Access and Metastock
databases (splits, delisting, symbol modification, etc) ?

Alain.