Re: US stock data file conversion

This one goes to Equis:
Not long ago, I posted a problem I had trying to copy files
(working within Excel) converted from MS 6 to Excel format.
Equis suggested a workaround solution, which I modified
slightly:
I converted the MS files ( with The Downloader ) to .prn files
and saved them in Excel 7; then, opened Excel and saved them
in Excel format.
And you know what?, all this hassle was in vane, I just got
MS 6.5, hoping for some changes in the way spreads are
created with The Downloader. No change at all: when a spread
is created ( using the 'subtract' function ), the Open, High,
Low and Close for the composite is the same, and the number
comes from the difference between CLOSE prices of the 2
securities.
A REAL spread is created from price differential between
Opens, Highs, Lows and Closes, NOT JUST CLOSING PRICES.
Maybe MS 7 will address this issue?
Thank you anyway, your help was appreciated.
Regards,

Efrain R Portales
Fort Worth ( yes, TEXAS )