File lists (how many?)

[Carey Barnett]  I'm with you.

I've also just finished my first year of trading at about break even.  I, on the other hand, do quite well picking direction, but have a hard time with duration.  That is to say, I pick the turn quite well, but fail to anticipate the length of the move well.  As a result of this I end up taking a couple of hundred dollars out of a thousand dollar move, or waiting a day too long and getting stripped on the reverse of the next move.

My solution is the same:  To simplify my approach.  Actually I want to get to more trading and less analysis.  Whenever I run a test on paper I do fine, but when I get around to applying it for real the market is behaving a different way (Please don't flame me about my behaving differently.  I know how to model, and I've taken this into account.).  On the up side I know quite a bit about many different techniques.  On the down side I'm not really making any money.

At the moment I'm analyzing Bill Williams 'Trading Chaos.'  I think he's got something there:  It answers many of my questions, and I think that if you follow the planned approach put forth in the book you can't screw it up - other than getting the wave count wrong.

Gotta go...

Fire when ready, Griswald.

            Carey