RE: Commodities

MS6.5 includes almost all the enhancements I wanted.  Go fig...  You can't please everyone, but MS is trying.

I agree that I'd like to see some performance improvements at some point.

Please read the manual before you have a fit on Equis:  There is a way to print with a nice black on white image, and still have colours on the screen.  Go the File/Page Setup dialogue and summon the help.

One of the major improvements with 6.5 is the language in the manual.  The sections about programming are much better written/edited than the last time.  On the other hand, I'm a writer with a degree in Computer Science so what would I know.

I'm extremely disappointed with the inability of the multiple plot indicators to format the plots separately.  What good is a really tight pair of crossing indicators if you can't tell them apart.  This is consistent with the inability to set the default colour and style attributes for each plot.  I suspect a basic design issue with a tonne of recent development on top of it inhibiting the willingness of the team to back and make massive changes to basic classes.

I'm thrilled with the way variables and multiple plots are implemented.  This is a very programmerly way of doing things, in a feature that is really only used by the programmerly users.

Carey
<<I'll figure out a cool signature later.>>
Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\RE metastock-digest Digest V97"