Re: Stocks vs Commodities

On Fri, 19 Sep 1997, Marco Guglielmo wrote:
> I am using the daily file quotations downloaded free from the
> www.gofutures.com site.
> Considering that the ASCI file has more than 16,000 strings of data,
> does anybody advise me how to extract in a quick way only some hundreds
> stock quotations?

Describe the data more accurately. What do you mean by 16K strings of
data? Post a sample of the data and also a sample of what you would like
to extract and I can probably post a sample of Perl code which will do
what you want. Alternatively to Perl, you can import all into Access and
then use queries to extract. Again, a sample of data is better than any
description.

Cheers,

Jim