Re: US stock data file conversion

All,
     I'm still playing with the new MetaStock 6.5, but I have decided on
CompUSA Inc (CPU) for this weeks pick.  I like the fact that they are
starting to sell custom built computers ala Dell.  If I get more time to
play with MS 6.5 tomorrow, I should be able to post my revised tests then.
     CPU at 32 3/8 is in a Long, Intermediate, and Short Term Up Trend
Channel (STUTC)with the top at 38 1/4 and the bottom at 30 7/8.  I've been
experimenting with a Standard Deviation Channel instead of a Raff
Regression Channel.  They seem to work good for a STUTC with the beginning
set at the period low and the end at the period high.  I then extend them
to the right.  I set the deviation at the smallest number among 1, 1.5, or
2 so that all the data between the end points is contained within the
channel boundaries.  CPU set a new all time high on 8/13 in a CANSLIM type
breakout, but the volume wasn't as high as I would like.  It has moved up
and slightly sideways since then.  RSquared, Tema(S/C), and Tema(MFI) all
confirm an up trend in progress.  The fundamentals look good too.  PSR is
at 0.68, Debt/Equity is at 0.29, Insiders own 25%, and last years revenue
growth was 30% and earnings growth 119%.  I'm counting on this growth
continuing with the introduction of their custom built computers.  I'm
fully invested right now, but if I'm stopped out of another position I'll
replace it with CPU.  I'd set the initial target at 38 and the stop at 30
3/4.
     I'll send a CPU.GIF chart to everyone on the email list.  If you're
not on it and want on, just yell.

Jim