Re: Stocks vs Commodities

>My solution is the same:  To simplify my approach.  Actually I want to =
>get to more trading and less analysis.  Whenever I run a test on paper I =
>do fine, but when I get around to applying it for real the market is =
>behaving a different way (Please don't flame me about my behaving =
>differently.

A general comment and an error that most people make about paper trading &
system test. Not that these apply to you mind you, since I don't know what you
do.

First and foremost. Don't trade for te sake of trading. I understand exactly
what you are saying. I too have tried move in the same directions. You have to
let the trades come to you. Not vice versa.

When using a trading system that gives you 70% wins (for example). That means
with a particular chart pattern you get these results. But most important with
a particular stock.

The problem occurs when a person jumps from stock to stock. What can happen is
that you might be placing more trades in the 30% losing trades category. (I
have also heard some guys say they only follow a few stocks. After I have
watched the markets intraday. I now understand a little of what they mean.)

>On the up side I know quite a bit about many different techniques.  On =
>the down side I'm not really making any money.

You need to learn some techniques, thats all.

>At the moment I'm analyzing Bill Williams 'Trading Chaos.'  I think he's =
>got something there:  It answers many of my questions, and I think that =
>if you follow the planned approach put forth in the book you can't screw =
>it up - other than getting the wave count wrong.

I read the book as well. I think it is more for daytrading. But that is my
observation. I don't have the experience of fully relying on his system to
trade with. So I can't help you there. You will find though that some of the
MACD indicators he suggests are slow like all MACDs. So not a panacia.

Harley Meyer
meyer093@xxxxxxxxxx