Re: Trading Education For Me

Hi,

I'd like to thank everyone who responded to my post.  The bevy of activity
around the message was helpful and hopefully the list will help less
experienced users like myself learn to trade better.  I'm also sure that
guys like me will also be able to contribute in some way - it's give and take.

Some responses posed questions to me, while others needed a response.

To Mr. Radtke:

"Read the book "Reminiscences of a Stock Operator" by Edwin Lefevere.
Trading is a one man operation, and by no means do you tell anyone about
your position in the market. That's the way the game is played. If you
don't like it, find another game."

You're welcome to play Mr Lefevere's game.  From my experiences with
traders (Daryl Guppy), many on the list (particularly Mr. Greening, Mr.
Brady and Mr. Gaylord), writers for TASC etc. many are happy to share and
help out.

Mr. Al Taglavore summed it up well in his post:
"I have attended many investment seminars and have seldom seen a successful
trader that would not share ideas with other traders."

To Mr. Al Taglavore

I follow Daryl Guppy's strategies with entry and exits.  His book on Share
Trading is worth a read.  Stops are based on 2% of total equity loss or
countback short term resistance or support lines.  They are constructed as
follows (From Daryl Guppy's Tutorials in Applied Technical Analysis
www.ozemail.com.au/~guppy/). (I recommend this site to everyone)

"In a falling trend, one counts back two higher highs and then projecting a
horizontal line to the right.  A close above this resistance suggests that
the trend has changed.  In a rising trend, it is calculated by counting
back two lower lows.  A close below this support line suggests that the
trend has changed.  The countback line can be used to fine tune entry and
exit points."

To Mr. Greening.

Thanks for your help.  I wonder whether you would be kind enough to post
your Expert as you offered: "Then I'd attach my expert advisor by right
clicking inside the window and selecting it.  I've posted it before, but if
you want it again, just yell."

To Mr. Brady:

Thanks for your exploration.  It flags a couple a week here in Australia -
one was a winner.

You said: "A TASC article I read brought my attention to the ADX indicator,
basically if it is below 15 and a positive chart formation is forming,
then there may be opportunity for a break out. "

Can you tell me the TASC issue?

To Mr. Gaylord:

Your web site is one I stop by frequently.

Thanks to all,

Happy Hunting,

Andrew
Andrew