Re: Food for thought . . .

I'd like to add a comment to this.

Back in 1960 Joe Granville published his first and best book, "A Strategy
of Daily Stock Market Timing for Maximum Profit". This book was the first
major book on technical analysis. Personal computers did not exist, so the
book was more qualitative than number crunching.  The book was an immediate
success.  My copy is the 7th printing dated 1963.  A reporter asked Joe
Granville if he wasn't concerned that now many people would be using these
methods against him and other Wall St. operators.  He replied that he had
nothing to fear:and added somthing like this;  half the people who bought
it wouldn't read it, half of the remainder would be too lazy to follow it,
half of the remainder wouldn't understand it, half the remainder were
already using these methods. Considering the small numbers of people who
would study and apply the methods, no one on Wall Street had much to fear.
Like the books by Lefevre and Livermore, this book is still worth reading.

Sharing does help us all.  Very few of us are such consummate geniuses that
we've discovered the supreme method. But we certainly do help ourselves and
each other by sharing ideas and methods.

Regards

Lionel