Re: MetaStock 6.5

I had the same thing happen Jim.....the lesson has stuck with me ever
since.

I had a stock (long since forgotten) that was trading around 44 when I
bought it, and languished in the 43-44 area for a couple of days. I had
heard that it was a good idea to place a 7-10% stop at the same time you
placed your order (to protect your capital,etc.) so I put in a stop loss
order at 41 1/16. (I had also heard that it wasn't good to place stop
orders at "even" numbers such as 40,41,etc.)

Well I watched in horror as the price dipped, and headed for my
stop.....I still wanted the stock, because I had seen a lot of big buys
coming in the last few days (part of selection criteria), but it dipped
down only long enough to hit my stop, then headed north for 10+ points
before even stopping long enough to look back.

My sale at 41 1/16 was not only lowest price bid on the tape that
day....it was the ONLY sale at that price !<g>

Lesson learned.