Ralph Swanson

Tim,
     First only 1/4 under is too tight of a stop.  Second to avoid exactly
what happened to you, I never set a stop with a broker unless I'm going out
of town and away from a telephone.  Floor traders have been know to take
out the stops and then run the price up.  Instead, I set a mental stop and
wait for the stock to close below that stop.  Then I put in a market order
to sell at the open.

Jim