Re: Questions about THMurrey Predictions...

Daniel.

I'm surprised that you thought that my mail was trivial or, rather,
'silly'.  It was not.

I was explaining how some people get the wrong end of the stick and
start attributing effects to causes.  Which is what I believe that Mr
Murray may have done.

I do not believe, nor have I believed or have I said that I believed in
such indicators such as women's bras as you suggest.  Read my mail
again.  I have just said that someone has looked at some numbers found
them to reflect in some arbitrary numbering system and makes the
connection.  I'm scientific enough to distinguish these facts.  I am
also scientific enough to want to know where these numbers come from.

Having said that, there has been a correlation between the FTSE and the
height of women's hemlines.  Now, given that there is this old
correlation; have I gone to say that the FTSE is driven by the
hemlines?  No.  However, they may both be driven by something else.
Fashion, whatever.  This is whole point of my looking into this.

Do you ever, in your plain TA, ever use Fibonacci Sequences?  What are
they if they aren't psychological?  I believe that Mr Murray may have
stumbled onto something similar and either wasn't able to express
himself mathematically, or wasn't willing to do so.

So, please, don't disregard my mail as 'silly' when it wasn't.  The
whole of the Murray Mathematics may well be a dud, I don't know but I
am going to have it look at it and give it a fair go and I will report
on the matter to the mailing list.  Again, this is not a silly thing to
say.

To be fair, I don't expect it to work.  But I am interested in seeing
what he has to say and to try to make it work.

This mailing list has been full of people going on about what a
charlatan this gentleman is.  I don't think that anyone has given the
system a chance.  So, on behalf of us all and, in the end in the hope
of cutting down the noise to signal ratio I have decided to try his
system (if it ever arrives!) and to make a fair report on it.

Again, what is silly about that?  Nothing, I trust.

Comments, preferably non-abusive, anyone?

Cheers
 Malc

Malcolm Smith, Dragon Drop Limited
 http://www.dragondrop.com/financial.htm