Re: Make $ 1,000. Cash Before Lunch:

You don't mention whether you are looking for a free or pay service.
In general, you can get all the free end-of-day quotes you want all
over the web.  But historic data will cost you.

I use Reuters Data Link, and am quite happy with it.  It costs about
$25 - 35 per month depending on some options.  It costs less if you
pay for a year in advance.  I get unlimited historical data on US and
Canadian stocks and indices.

This is not the very cheapest service, but it has some advantages.
The data is available both over the Internet, and via a local call
through the Compuserve network.  I have used that as a backup when my
Internet service was down.  Also, the Reuters data contains automatic
corrections and stock splits.