Re: Data Race (RACE) breakout?

Harley,
     Thanks for your well documented rationale.  Keep up the good work.  I
believe I actually understand it <G>.  Now to add my two cents for what
they are worth (probably not much).  In the past, I've tried to use
different oscillators for buy and sell signals and even used large binary
waves of various combinations of indicators.  I agree with you 100% that
oscillators can give good entry signals in trading markets or in the
direction of the trend even during strong trending markets.  They can also
give early indications by divergence for exit signals (sometimes way to
early <VBG>) in strong trending markets.  However, they tend to give way to
many early or false signals for exit signals or entries against the
direction of the trend.  That doesn't mean you should ignore the
oscillators, just place more emphasis on trend channels during strong
trends.  That's why I now place most of my emphasis on trend channels which
are easy to see.  However, I do feel better when entering or exiting a
position if I also get a MetaStock System Test signal that agrees with my
decision <G>.

Jim