Re: Themes of the list

Marianne,

I have seen this problem with a number of editors.  Perhaps the editor
may be saving the file as a Unix flat file and not as a DOS flat file
and so appears to have a Carriage Return then a Line Feed character.

I don't have this problem because I use an Off Line Reader (OLR) called
Virtual Access.  In VA I have set up mail rules so that the market data
is automatically placed into various folders and then I work on the
folders directly.

Now, perhaps you could open the downloaded file with a better editor;
or perhaps a simpler editor that doesn't cause this problem.

Alternatively, you could always write a simple Perl script, or
something, to strip out the blank lines.  If you used something like
Perl or Visual Basic then I am sure that it won't take more than three
or four lines of code.

If you want help, then let me know and I see if I can knock something
up for you sometime (though not for a week or two as I am drowning in
work).

Incidentally, what operating system are you using?

Malc

Malcolm Smith, Dragon Drop Limited
 http://www.dragondrop.comfinancial.htm