Quantum Corp. QNTM

Jeffry,

The file structures for MS 5+ are pretty much documented all over the
place but I haven't been able to find any notes on MS 6.  Unfortunately
I don't have access to my MetaStock notes as they went missing when I
moved to the UK last year.

All that I can remember is that the .dop files aren't required they're
an evolutionary throw back to the ancient way of handling the data
files.

All of the price data is in the .dat files and the information about
the .dat files are held in the various MASTER files.  There are three
Master files; MASTER is the original MetaStock files and are no longer
used, but they are required.  EMASTER are the files maintained by Equis
to hold the data on the price files for the first 255 stocks only.  If
there are more than 255 stocks then this information is held in the
XMASTER files which is, of course, a slightly different format to the
EMASTER.

I have been asking Ekkwis when I can buy their promised MSL (MetaStock
Library) but they seem very reluctant to release this promised library.
I am talking about the MS6 library, not the MS5 version.

I am wanting to access the data myself because I am tired of not having
any real data management tools whatsoever.

If you find out the information then let me know and I'll shove the
details onto my web site.

Regards
 Malc

Malcolm Smith, Dragon Drop Limited