More Moving Averages

 Richard

I use Autorun to generate some reports during the middle of the night from
Metastock. It is a clunky program and doesn't do all it says it does. It
won't capture error messages such as a Downloader premature disconnect and
redial. If you lose power the program will autoload itself when you reboot
if you have it in your startup file.

The program works on timers instead of actual program execution. So if it
normally takes 10 min to download prices and for some reason today the line
is slow and it takes 15 min then the program will shut down after 10 min.

It won't work if the Metastock program is running a macro. For example the
Downloader has an option to do an express download. This seems to be a macro
they run. I haven't been able to get Autorun to run this macro yet.

If all you need is to generate reports it will do that fairly well. It sure
saves me a lot of time by working while I sleep.

I assume you do know the Downloader has a timer program in it that will
allow you to set a timer for unattended downloads. I just set it for 22:00
and it downloads every night.

Hope this helps

John Manasco