RE: Rude Deletion Note

On Fri, 18 Jul 1997, Metastock List wrote:
> Creating a newsgroup is not easy and is also a long process.  What we
> are trying to do is create a forum on our web site.  I have been told

Creating a newsgroup in any of the major hierarchies other than alt.* is
difficult and time consuming (it would take at least 6 months in
misc.invest.*, it took about 1.5 years from the time I posted the last
proposal for adding misc.invest.options till it was newgrouped). An alt
group is not the best solution either since many servers and intranets
will not carry them. A web-based forum would be welcome.

Cheers,

Jim