RE: Dates in Excel 7

On Mon, 14 Jul 1997 08:08:56 -0600, Equis Support wrote:

>As to posting "patches" ON THE WEB SITE.  We do not do that because the
>way MetaStock is compiled, it would be nearly impossible.  Most of the
>functionality is in the exe itself.  If you have a problem, contact us
>in support and if it turns out to be a "bug" that has been fixed, or a
>"bug" at all, we will take care of you.  We always have and we always
>will.

You are not listening to us!

I don't *want* to have to find a bug before you will "take care of
me".   What if I don't notice the bug?  Does that make it OK for it to
be there?

What if that bug costs me money, because I didn't notice it, and
therefore you didn't "take care of me"?

Why should every one of us users have to go through the frustration of
identifying each of your bugs, and then contacting you at support,
just to find out that you knew about it all along?

Let me tell you where Equis is heading.  Did you ever hear of
WordPerfect Corp?  They had the same policy on bug fixes.  Do you know
where they are now?  Do you know how many of their original employees
still have those jobs?

You are   N O T    L I S T E N I N G    to your CUSTOMERS!

Why do I feel I have to yell to get your attention?  Don't think its
just me.  Many others on this list have expressed the same
frustration.

Your customers want bug fixes on the web.  Don't tell me its "nearly
impossible".  Microsoft does it.  Netscape Does it.  Symantec does it.
Hell, even *I* do it.  There is nothing impossible about posting a 3Mb
MSWIN.EXE on the web in a ZIP file.

Stop being negative and do something POSITIVE about it.  Find a way to
do it.  If MetaStock really can't be updated on the web because of the
way it is compiled, FIX IT SO IT CAN BE.  If *you* don't know how,
post this message in the hall, and maybe someone else at Equis will
figure it out.  Find out how other companies do it.  Hire a consultant
to do it.  BUT DO IT.

Why don't you post your data formats on your web page?  Don't you
understand that add-on products and utilities would make MetaStock
MORE VALUABLE to your customers?   It's the same problem:  it wouldn't
add directly to the Equis bottom line, and you just don't care about
your customers.