Unwanted email and bad spelling

George,

I have experienced this same random problem on several occasions
myself.  Since it does not occur consistently, it cannot easily be
called in to Equis support.  I tried once, and was told that they
couldn't fix what I couldn't reproduce; to call back the next time it
happened.  Unfortunately, they don't answer the phone at three in the
morning.

I think it lends support to those who argue for posting of the fixes on
the internet for download, rather than putting us through the
significant hassle of calling customer support.  Equis's argument about
the "near impossibility" of posting such fixes due to the way the
program is compiled is not convincing in view of the fact that  other
vendors of complex software (e.g. Microsoft, Nirvana, etc.) manage to
download their program upgrades just fine.

I hope Equis will reconsider their current intransigence to that type of
really useful customer support.

Leo Karl