Re: Personnal defense

Hello,

Finally got my "subscribe" to work -- it helps if you don't leave out
the "s" in Metastock! <smile>

Anyway, I just upgraded to MS 6.0 from my old DOS version, but it seems
to have a few bugs, in that it sometimes crashes with a Win/95 error
about "performing an invalid function" or something similar. Can't just
reload MS and continue, either, because it is somewhat flaky after it
crashes, so I am forced to restart Windows to clear things up and then
continue -- a real pain! <grin>

Also, if I change to P&F charts, whenever I decide to exit the program,
it leaves all the "O"s from the P&F charts plastered all over my
"wallpaper" and I have to go into Windows screen properties and
"re-apply" the wallpaper to get rid of them.

Don't think that it has anything to do with my PC, because it has plenty
of memory, power and drive space. The build-date on my copy is December
1996. Surely there must be a build-date more recent than that. If so, I
wonder why they don't automatically send it to you when you order
instead of putting people through all this?

Does anyone know what the latest build-date is?  Also, what is the
fastest way to get it mailed to you -- e-mail request to support (or
sales) or phone request to support (or sales)? I checked their Web site,
but I didn't see anyway to download it.

I just received the program on Friday, so this is kind of disappointing.
It leaves me wondering, "What next?" Since this is the first version of
the 32 bit MS, maybe it's to be expected, but they must not have done a
very extensive beta on this one.

Other than that, it looks pretty nice. <fingers crossed>

Thanks,

George