Re: extortion fees

Malcolm,

I had read this in an Equis Monitor before MS6.0 was out. Now my understanding
was that the MS resource library (might be reference library) was to speed the
development time of those who wanted to use the MS file format.
Now I didn't ask about whether it was read or write. Suppose it is read only. A
poor programmer should be able to figure out how to write to files using the
same source code.

So that shouldn't be a big hang up.

I don't know whether this still holds for the MS6.0 file format or not. I have
not seen anything that would say that it isn't available. Since I have seen
some thing resently (I believe) about the MSRL after 6.0 was out. SO I would
assume that one could get both.

I guess if you are interested, a call to Equis would be appropriate. I had
spoken to them about RT MS file formate but they said they didn't have that
available. Maybe with the windows version of MS RT?

Harley Meyer
On Wed, 9 Jul 97 08:01 BST-1,
dragondrop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote...

>Harley,
>
>Two questions.
>
>First, does this $50 package allow *write* access to the database?  I
>think that the write access package costs about $200, unless Equis have
>repriced the library.
>
>Secondly, I take it that this is for the MetaStock 5.x data structures
>and not for the MetaStock 6 data structures, am I right?
>
>Malc
>
>Malcolm Smith, Dragon Drop Limited
> http://www3.mistral.co.uk/dragondrop/financial.htm

Harley Meyer