Re: extortion fees

Harley,

Thanks for the message.  Unfortunately calling the US from Europe is
not something I wish to do, but thanks anyway.

I've sent you a mail earlier but to recap for the benefits of the
others...

I doubt that the library you mention (unless you know more than I) is
for the MetaStock 6 database.  The problem is that Equis have
implemented some XMASTER files which are sufficiently different enough
from the EMASTER files and I don't have *all* of the information on the
data structures to start to hack out some code.

Why am I so insistent on this?   Well, other than having backups of the
databases there are no real data management tools in MetaStock or
Downloader.  This morning I saw a message on the CompuServe forum from
some poor soul who discovered that his ?MASTER files were nuked.  This
normally means that one has to reach for the backup as when this
happens it usually means the end of the data within that directory.  I
maintain that with some *proper* data management tools one can recreate
these ?MASTER files from the data within the directory.

The bottom line is that this is our data and I want to access it.  I am
a paying customer of Equis and so shouldn't they listen to what we say?

Malc

Malcolm Smith, Dragon Drop Limited
 http://www3.mistral.co.uk/dragondrop/financial.htm