Re: Extortion Fees and Stock price vendors

My under standing is that the source code is a one time cost to obtain the
source code and has no royalties attached to it. Remember this is source code.
And not a software program.

Some times my spelling isn't the best.
Harley Meyer

On Wed, 9 Jul 1997 05:36:53 -0400 (EDT),
DanMartinz@xxxxxxx wrote...
>Harley,
>is that $50 for each package sold to every customer or a one time fee of $50
>for each information vendor company?
>
>Daniel.
>
>Buy the way, you spelled banter incorrectly.  I typically use WordPerfect 7
>to compose then paste over.

><< I will jump in here on a subject that had been bantored about earlier. And
>at
> the time I was a bit confused when it was said that Equis extorts vendors
>for
> money to use their file format.
>
> The little snip it below tells me a bit on how the confusion came about. I
>am
> looking at the loose usage of the comment "license from Equis".
>
> >Daniel,
> Snip-snip
> > Those programs are built
> >using the Metastock File Format library which we license from Equis.
> >In other words, once you have all the data in a StockWiz database you
> >can select companies to export directly to Metastock directories or
> >to update all existing Metastock directories.
>
> So first of all any time you buy any software you have a licence agreement.
> myself can have a licence agreement with Equis for their Metastock File
>Format
> library. Actually it is C/C++ source code to be able to write your own
> programs.  If I remember correctly it is a whopping $49.99. Thus preventing
> vendors from even thinking of using their source code. ( a little tongue and
>
> cheek here).
>
> Many of us know a bit about programming and know that $49.99 for source code
>is
> cheap considering how long it would take some one to program the exact same
> stuff.
>
> So in a nutshell there are no extorsion fees to vendors.
>

> Harley Meyer
> meyer093@xxxxxxxxxx
>  >>

Harley Meyer