Re: Equis is OK

At 04:05 PM 7/3/97 -0500, Myron B Slomka wrote:
>Lets use this function for what it is intended and stop the Equis
>bashing.  While I am not a very vocal participant of this group [I'm
>still feeling my way along] I do read all the postings.  I have gotten
>specific help from several people for which I am most appreciative.
>
>But Metastock is a good program available at a modest cost considering
>everything it does.  Sure I wish it were faster, that it could download
>more data formats than it does.
>
>My have a pet peeve in that the charting program won't handle lists like
>Savant's Technical Analysis Program.  Using Savant I could screen
>more than 60 stocks an hour visually. Unfortunately Savant has not
>upgraded the program for at least 4 years, which is the reason I
>acquired Metastock.  [Suggestion to Equis: Buy Savant's program [they
>aren't promoting it at all] and incorporate all their goodies into
>Metastock - what a program that would be!!
>
>Hopefully all the good things will come in time.  But Metastock is a
>product produced to make a profit and we should stay out of the
>company's business.
>
>Myron B [Bruce]Slomka
>
>==============================

Myron -

   Thanks for your positive comments of MetaStock.  I believe that it is a
great program and feel best when focusing on what it will do, learning new
ways of using it, than looking for its limitations.  Sure, knowing
limitations is important, but building on strengths seems to be more
productive.

   Maybe I have a work-around that will satisfy your desire to visually
screen some sixty issues an hour.  How about having whatever issues that
you want to look at in the same directory(ies) and clicking on the arrow
(Next Security) to go to that issue?  I believe that you would have to have
Tools|Options|Chart Options|Change Security set to "Keep Line Studies"  for
this to work.

-- Frank :-)

High Return on Investment using Technical Analysis
http://www.usinternet.com/users/fbg/

Minnesota Long Distance Canoe Racing
http://www.usinternet.com/users/fbg/mnlong/