Re: auto programs

Herb,

I am not familiar with that program, however I use a cron-like utility at
work to do this type of thing. It is part of NT Server and is the AT
command (Schedule Service). We use to check for incoming data on a Vax
node and move it onto our intranet server via ftp, doing some processing
and html extraction as well. Regarding doing automatic logging on the net
to get data from web sites etc., you could have one process run dial-up
networking (assuming win95 or nt) to connect you then use one of the
excellent Perl scripts (e.g. Webcopy) to fetch the data. Perl is also very
useful for processing data (stripping html, etc.). Macro programs that
control Windows apps (such as BigMac) I do not think are adequate for
this type of work, since error detection is difficult. Find info on Perl
at http://www.perl.org  I can give you a very easy to use ftp procedure
if you are running Win95 or NT.

Cheers,

Jim