A charting program for I.D. data

John,
I would erase all US Stocks I currently have on my hard drive and install the
IRL CD-ROM.  I would leave the indices.  The problem is with the independent
data providers.  With most of them, you have to install their database also.
 Before you can update the MetaStock database, you have to update their
database first.  This doubles the data you are putting on your hard drive
every day.  When there is a ticker symbol change or stock split, the data
provider changes its database then copies it to the MetaStock directory.  If
the data provider's database is 2 years and MetaStock's is 6 years, you will
lose 4 years!

Daniel.

<< Dan the data from IRL is from a CD and you only need to copy that data
only that you wish to add to your Metastock folders. If you already have data
for a particular stock it need not be duplicated if it resides only in the
folder in which you use for building an index.

 For example assume you wish first to create an index of four stocks, you
would retrieve these four stocks from the CD from IRL and create the index.
If you already had those stocks elsewhere then you could elect to delete
them. Thus you add stocks in a sense of those you are missing now.

 However for my part I often duplicate stock entries in two folders. But
these for me probably number less than 25. For example IBM may be part of the
"DJ" folder and also be contained in another folder called "My Stocks".

 Bear in mind I have used this just over one month there may other ways which
IRL may inform you of accomplishing this.